Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Hilary Wardhaugh Photography green do's

Ok, I have posted other businesses and bits about what they do to be a bit more sustainable, so why not my turn...Here is a bit about me:


As a parent of a young son I have often worried about the world will be like when he is an adult.

Will there be regular rain?
Will we have enough whole foods?
Will we be all fat and immobile?
Will there be enough space to live?
Will the air be clean?


Our contribution to the earth’s environmental problems is vast and we all need to all do our little bit.

If all you can manage is to recycle your paper, plastic and tins well that is great, but it isn’t that hard to do a little bit more. Get a compost going, the worms love it!

I want to nurture my bit of world and if that means being a little more proactive at home and in my business so be it, its not that hard!.

I always try and reduce all my waste. I recycle everything I can.

Once I have gotten rid of my old plastic coated business cards I will only be using an environmentally friendly printer who specializes in recycled card and believe it or not they look and feel very groovey!

I keep my power usage to a minimum, especially my lights, and have recently changed to green power.

My office is fully insulated in the walls and the above the ceiling.

My windows have black-out blinds for heat/cool loss.

I have started using bamboo fine art paper for my art prints with less reliance on plastic coated prints and not all images are printed only the most special ones. All images are archived digitally.

My handmade books are printed and bound locally using recycled products and often hand made organic paper for the covers.

I am a member of greenfleet and offset my car travel and plane travel every year.

I aim to be more sustainable, but sustainable does not mean poor quality quite the contrary. The quality of all these wonderful products is exceptional and I know you’ll love them to. It makes me feel good that I am doing my little bit for the environment and at the same time producing images that your family and children will cherish for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment